- trade that is conducted legally
- trade that satisfies certain criteria on the supply chain of the goods involved, usually including fair payment for producers; often with other social and environmental considerations
- Fair trade is an organized social movement and market-based approach that aims to help producers in developing countries obtain better trading conditions and promote sustainability. The movement advocates the payment of a higher price to producers as well as social and environmental standards.
- Trade carried on legally
- Trade in which fair prices are paid to producers in developing countries
- Virtual Stadium Tours
- 4Kids Entertainment (commonly known as 4Kids) is a Worldwide International American film and television production company. It is known for English-dubbing Japanese anime, specializing in the acquisition, production and licensing of children’s entertainment around the United States.
- The Sport Ju-Jutsu system for kids is designed to stimulate movement and to encourage the kids natural joy of moving their bodies. The kids train all exercises from Sport Ju-Jutsu but many academys leave out punches and kicks for their youngest athlethes.
- Used in discussing the significance of something that is the case
- (fact) a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened; “he supported his argument with an impressive array of facts”
- (fact) an event known to have happened or something known to have existed; “your fears have no basis in fact”; “how much of the story is fact and how much fiction is hard to tell”
- (fact) a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred; “first you must collect all the facts of the case”
- A thing that is indisputably the case
- A piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article
fair trade facts for kids – Fair Trade
55/365 – late christmas present and my 16
i had a late christmas present show up today. i wanted to experiment with one of those eye-fi SD cards for wirelessly auto-importing into lightroom. it’s slow (as expected with large files), but it frees me of the firewire cable from camera to my laptop when shooting portraits.
shannkat nominated me to do one of those 16 random facts about me so here goes.
1. i’m the youngest in the family. i only have 1 brother ( that i know about😛 ).
2. i’m divorced, but on good terms with my ex. i’ve known her since i was 16 (i’m 33 now). we have a 4yr old turning 15 in march. he rocks, but a little to old for his age. these kids get exposed to so much these days.
3. i love chocolate….so does my son.
4. i’m a gadget freak (see photo above).
5. i used to see a therapist (during my divorce and separation). people sometimes have a negative reaction to therapists, but she got me through a really tough time in my life. i thank her for helping me to get where i am today. times were really tough back then. i look back now and remember how hard each day felt.
6. i work in I.T., but that doesn’t mean i’ll fix your computer. i’m a unix systems administrator. i don’t do windows (unless PC or my parents/brother need help..then i’m stuck!).
7. i have crooked teeth. my parents didn’t believe in getting myself or my brother braces.
8. i love cooking and eating. i’ll cook/eat rice with anything.
9. i was given the name duskyyouth from a professor in college. he wasn’t sure how to describe me so he called me a "dusky youth". i’m still not sure if it’s insulting, but word spread about the name and it stuck.
10. i hate talking about myself.
11. i don’t know what i’d do if i didn’t have the internet. you get to have so much information right at your fingertips. it’s not fair that al gore didn’t get his bright idea until the 90s😉 i needed this stuff in grade school and high school!
12. i have to admit that i watch those silly "reality" dramas like laguna beach, the hills, and the city. other than the over the top story, i love how they shoot/edit the shows. i used to shoot wedding videos and was inspired by the shooting style. good excuse, right?
13. i was on a reality tv show called design invasion. it only ran for about 2 years. it was by the same production company as the show trading spaces. they redesigned a room in my house.
14. i’m very opinionated and competitive maybe to the point where it’s annoying to others.
15. i’ve know my best friend since we were 2. a few years ago while going through old letters, i found a 16th birthday card from him. he wrote something about being best friends at 16 and wondering how we’ll be 14 years from then. i found the card when i was 30 (exactly 14 years later). 14 years later, we ended up being roommates when i was separated from my ex. i guess that answered his question.
16. my life is good and on the right track. my ex and i had this notion that life was somehow easy. things came easy to us in the beginning. money, love, happiness etc. we never knew how to face tough times together. when we did, we either ignored it or gave up. it sucked, but we learned a lot from the experience. we’ve grown and are in good places in our lives now.
i’ll nominate later…..here’s a bonus one…i stay up WAY too late flickring! good night everyone!
::: strobist info :::
canon 580exII @ 1/8 camera right bounced off ceiling
Fort Steele’s Fall Fair
Markets are fun but none are like the fall fair. Local art, creations, photography, needlework, quilting, scrap-booking, vegetables, fruit, and so much more. It’s a lot of fun to walk around with the kids because there are tons of special activities for them. This was the first year that I’ve actually participated in the goings on at the fair and it was nice. I put in a few photos and did fairly well. It was exciting. My nephew also put a vegetable art creation into the fair and won a loonie for 3rd place. He was very proud of himself, as were we.
I chose these two photos because they are staples at Fort Steele’s Fall Fair. On the left is a photo of the sign for the free cartoons done by a local artist. He is at the children’s fair, fall fair, and many other children’s events. On the right is our new favorite activity. This was the second year my nephew has made rope. He stands there and turns the crank to twist the strands into a strip of rope. When it’s finished the man walks down burning the strands making it smoother and slightly melted together. Afterwards he winds the rope and gives it to the child who made it. It’s fantastic!
All together today was fun. I’m glad we went.
On a side note, today is the tenth anniversary for the attack on the world trade centers. I can’t believe it’s been 10 years. Sometimes I even find it difficult to wrap my mind around the fact that it even happened. Watching everything on TV, as well as the movies they put out, it almost makes it feel less real. Of course today the footage seen on TV is the real footage of the towers being hit. At least they’re not showing the footage of the people falling or jumping. I remember seeing that the morning it happened. The uncensored footage. I don’t know if I’ll ever forget some of those images. My heart still hurts seeing the footage. 10 years later and the repercussions of that day are still evident.
fair trade facts for kids